Fontown, AKA the Spotify of fonts, is the new and revolutionary way of using and sharing fonts between graphic designers with an ever-growing catalogue of high quality fonts.
We are in full growth and international expansion, which will be a major challenge for the product development team. That’s why we’re looking to recruit a product designer to work closely with our product team to create new features and improve existing ones to make Fontown an even more attractive product.
Would you like to join our adventure? Keep reading!
About our team
- We love typography and everything related to it, even the programming tasks.
- We are a growing multidisciplinary team that makes the company a success.
- We believe in giving back to the community everything they have given us by offering them better design solutions.
- We are passionate about solving problems to make life easier for our users.
- We are very detailed and perfectionist. We love to take care of product issues.
- We are like the Spartans: we trust each other and together we are unstoppable.
Which will be your role
- Lead the product design and user experience to ensure the quality of Fontown. From ideation to execution: concept, wireframe creation, design and final arts.
- Communicate design decisions effectively to other team members or other stakeholders.
- Always seek the highest possible quality in the design and implementation processes.
- Contribute to creating and improving our design culture.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to raise your skills as designer.
- To be a strong advocate of the importance of design for our business.
What we are looking for
- You played a similar role in products with a UX and UI needs.
- Ability to understand and prioritise design goals by translating the business vision into usable design experiences focused on the business model.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to listen and understand users, find solutions and work with other team members to implement them as quickly as possible.
- Proactiveness to achieve results in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Mastery of Sketch and Invision apps.
- Be a motivated and dynamic person.
- You want to learn fast and you’re not afraid of failure.
- You have a design mentality focused on the user and the business model.
- You are an empathetic person with a sense of humor.
- Ability to accept and design against feedback from colleagues in iterative and tightly timed design processes.
- You have a deep belief in inclusive and co-creative processes.
Why work with us
- Salary: 18,000 – 24,000€ + phantom shares option.
- Friendly but demanding work environment in which to enhance your skills.
- Flexible working hours based on target compliance.
- Regular participation in designer communities by organizing events.
- Opportunity to help build a company that wants to change the way of consuming and distributing typography all over the world in a totally accessible and legal way.
If you think you fit the job and like everything we have to offer, please submit this application form.
One last thing: If you don’t fit all our requirements but still want to apply the offer, please go ahead! At Fontown we believe that professional development happens while teaching and learning from peers in real projects. We will be pleased to meet you.
Diseñadora gráfica especializada en diseño editorial y tipografía.