Fontown, AKA the Spotify of fonts, is the new and revolutionary way of using and sharing fonts between graphic designers with an ever-growing catalogue of high quality fonts. We are in full growth and international expansion, which will be a major challenge for the product development team. That’s why we’re looking to recruit a product designer to work closely with our product team to create new features and improve existing ones to make Fontown an even more attractive product.
Would you like to join our adventure? Keep reading!
About our team
- We love typography and everything related to it, even the programming tasks.
- We are a growing multidisciplinary team that makes the company a success.
- We believe in giving back to the community everything they have given us by offering them better design solutions.
- We are passionate about solving problems to make life easier for our users.
- We are very detailed and perfectionist. We love to take care of product issues.
- We are like the Spartans: we trust each other and together we are unstoppable.
Which will be your role
- As our Font Designer you will primarily be tasked with ensuring consistently high quality typefaces, well drawn and with a complete character sets according Fontown’s specifications.
- You will design new fonts, collaborating closely with our type production team as per our company’s design and product specifications.
- Always seek the highest possible quality in the design and implementation processes.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to raise your skills as designer.
- Design and create typeface’s visual corporate communication and advertising material, both digitally and in print.
- Support the production teams in matters of typography.
- Collaborate closely with all relevant departments (e.g. product teams, management, art, HR, marketing, etc.)
- Communicate design decisions effectively to other team members or other stakeholders.
- To be a strong advocate of the importance of design and typography for our business.
What we are looking for
- A completed degree or similar qualification in graphic design or typography
- Several years’ professional experience designing and implementing fonts/typography
- Mastery of Glyphs. Glyphs will be Fontown’s core font development tool for both design and production.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Excellent understanding of typography
- Confident in meeting the creative and typographical demands of all stakeholders
- Good written and spoken English
- Be a motivated and dynamic person.
- You are an empathetic person with a sense of humor.
Why work with us
- An exciting job where you can assume responsibility and develop professionally.
- A dynamic team with friendly, highly-qualified colleagues from all over the world but demanding work environment in which to enhance your skills.
- Flexible working hours based on target compliance.
- Strong, sustainable growth and fresh challenges every day
- A culture of mutual respect and an outstanding working environment
- Opportunity to help build a company that wants to change the way of consuming and distributing typography all over the world in a totally accessible and legal way.
If you think you fit the job and like everything we have to offer, sign up and write us in the chat and we will tell you how to submit your application.
One last thing: If you don’t fit all our requirements but still want to apply the offer, please go ahead! At Fontown we believe that professional development happens while teaching and learning from peers in real projects. We will be pleased to meet you. ☺️
Diseñadora gráfica especializada en diseño editorial y tipografía.